Saturday, March 18, 2017

Love, Lucas by Chantelle Sedgwick

      The book I read was Love, Lucas by Chantelle Sedgwick. This book was about a girl named Oakley Nelson who loses her brother to cancer. Oakley is in a bad place with her brother dying, her parents constantly fighting, and the feeling of emptiness. Oakleys mom suggests staying in California with her Aunt Jo for a while to get her mind off everything. Oakley loves it by her Aunts house but her mom gives her a notebook with letters from her brother inside. Oakley tries healing from her brothers death by the help of a boy named Carson and her brothers advice in the notebook. It becomes very hard for Oakley to admit her true feelings for Carson knowing that her brother would never be able to have the same experience. She has this incredible journey about finding her true feelings for Carson and coping with her brothers death.
     I absolutely love this book with all of my heart! I read it into literally two days and then I bought it for myself so I could reread it. It was written so well and gave so much detail that I felt that I was in the story too! I would be lying if I didn't say that I cried, because I cried. A lot. The story was so heartwarming and it made me think so much. What if something like this happened to my little sister? Would I have my own Carson? I'd recommend this book to anyone who likes realistic fiction and a tad bit of romance. It's one of those books that you can never put down. I'd rate it a 10/10 because it was just that good!


2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good, love books like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds legit AMAZING! I need to read it asap, have you read before I fall? If you haven't I have a feeling you would like it.

    ReplyDelete