Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson

     I recently read the book Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson. The book is about a boy named Tyler who's going into his senior year of high school. It talks about his past and how he was a short, scrawny, nobody that no one wanted to hang out with. It also shows you his family and how they all  interact with one another. He plans this big prank looking for some attention from his peers. Unfortunately, his prank backfires and he needs to do community service. He benefits from this experience: gains muscle, hangs out with the girl he always like, gets noticed at school. Is this what Tyler really wanted?
    I really liked this book. It was so different from other books. The book was so relatable and it included real teenage problems and real teenage scenarios. The characters were amazing too. I felt as if I really knew them and that we were actual friends. The book was very detailed and had lots of twists and turns that were so unexpected. It really kept me on my toes. It also got really intense close to the end and I got so emotional. I'd recommend this book to someone who likes a quick read. I'd recommend this book to people who like intense, emotional stories. I couldn't draw on whether or not the book would be considered mystery. It had some events when they didn't tell you who did this or what character did that. Either way, it's a really good book and I hope you read it!


1 comment:

  1. This book sounds really good, I going to have to check it out. I read two of Laurie Halse Andersons books, Chains and speak. They are both really good books, if you haven't already you should read them. (especially speak)

    ReplyDelete